Grand Theatre in Warsaw
In a place where today stands the Grand Theatre once stood shopping complex and hotel service for merchants - Marywil (it was in the days of King John III Sobieski, a name derived from the name of the famous wife of King - Marysieńki). In the 30s Marywil nineteenth century was demolished and in its place was built the theater in 1825-1833, designed by Antonio Corazzi. Corazzi decided to adapt Marywil former east wing, built and to him at the beginning of the nineteenth century, designed by Peter Aigner. It exists to this day, as the eastern part of the facade of the theater. The western part of the facade, one built by the Corazzi is a mirror image of the facade preserved Marywilska. The first performance in the newly opened theater took place on February 24, 1833, and was the "Barber of Seville" by Gioacchino Rossini (the tsarist authorities did not agree to start a Polish opera premiere of the work).